100% Cashmere DK is premium quality, pure, millspun Mongolian Cashmere. It is a plied, velvety and smooth, uniform yarn dyed in a range of classic and deep solid colours. Please use woolwash No Rinse or a similar washing medium.
FYI: When buying cashmere, avoid skeins that look very fuzzy or have a halo, as they will pill more quickly. A small amount of pilling is normal for cashmere garments, as well as for Angora, Merino, some types of Silk and Quivit articles. Just gently brush your cashmere garment when it is completely dry with a soft hair-brush (or use a lint remover) on both sides (right and reverse) to remove pilling lint; or remove it by hand.
* Similar yarn: Cashmere Premium,
FIBRE: 100% Mongolian Cashmere
YARN WEIGHT: Double Knit
TENSION: 10x10cm (4"): 22 sts/ 28 rows
NEEDLES: 3.25 - 3.75 mm (US No.5)
LENGTH: 189 m / 200 yrd
HANK WEIGHT: 56g /2oz
Price (CAD): $39.99
IN STOCK: 411 Wisteria (5 hanks), 412 Bardo (5 hanks), 414 Scarlet (15 hanks), 418 Dusty Olive (3 hanks), 420 Azure (4 hanks), 426 Wine (4 hanks)
Request colour description or quantity »
Lotus Yarns Index »
Garment Care: gentle hand wash in lukewarm water with Eucalyptus wash or washing medium such as Dawn. Use the same temperature of water for both wash and rinse to avoid "shoking" the fiber. Do not twist or pull the garment, but gently squeeze it to remove excess water. Lay flat to dry, avoiding exposure to direct sunlight pulling a garment into correct shape.
409, Candy Pink
* Out of stock
* 5 hanks
Twist Flowers Pullover © Shirley Paden Knitwear Design Workshop.
Yarn: Jade Sapphire 100% Cashmere 6 ply, 150 yd /55 g
Patterns suitable for Cashmere DK:
• Red Bolero © Susanna April 2011, yarn: Mondial Cashmere [100% Cashmere]
• Rose Stole, © Stella Tutto Maglia No. 15,
yarn: GGH Cashmere Fino [100% Cashmere]
• Cashmere Vest, © Burda Tricot Hiver 2010, designer: Sabine Ruf, yarn: Gedifra Cashmere [100% Cashmere]
• Pullover-Kimono, © Burda Tricot Automne 2010, designer: Claireline Chevaux,
yarn: Lang Cashmere Premium [100% Cashmere]
• Cashmere Waistcoat and V-neck, © Fait Main Tricot, No. 7 2008. Yarn: Katia Cashmere 100% [100% Cashmere] and Cashwool [60% Wool, 30% Poyamide, 10% Cashmere]